Reverse Sail Body 360
360's Quick Launch:
This move has a very long name for a relatively easy move. Basically, just jump to the leeward side of the sail on a beam or broad reach and perform a Sail Body 360. I snatched this move from a legendary smooth sailor in the gorge -- thanks Gary. This move is best performed in smooth water and slightly underpowered conditions.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) While on a plane, head slightly off the wind, unhook and get out of the straps.
2) Let go of the clew hand and step the front foot in front of the mast in preparation to backwind the sail.
3) Let go of the clew hand and step the front foot in front of the mast in preparation to backwind the sail.
4) Push the clew threw the wind and pivot your feet with the sail.
5) As the sail fills with power then let go of the clew hand and let the sail rotate. You will have to pivot the feet again to get you back to the wind.
6) Pull with the mast hand to bring the sail vertical and grab the other side of the sail.
7) Trim and sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved