Tacks Quick Launch:
I invented this maneuver by mistake, like a lot a maneuvers are invented I reckon. I was going into an upwind 360 then deciding to tack instead. The result was this new move. I call it the Fakee-Tack because it is a tack without any sail flip or feet switch until you are completely heading the other direction. It is a total fake! You tack out of this move switch stance and clew first!
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Head up wind with lots of speed and unhook.
2) Rake the sail way back to drive the nose directly into the wind.
3) Now bring the mast forward into the wind as fast as you can.
4) Lean forward into the wind to backwind the sail causing the nose to turn past the eye of the wind and into the new direction.
5) Really lean over the sail. I mean way over so there is tons of pressure on your feet from the foot straps.
6) Allow the board to turn into a beam reach. Push with the clew to keep the board turning.
7) Now suddenly tilt the mast vertical.
8) Power up the new side of the sail but keep your hip slightly twisted so you will avoid the 360.
9) Sail out clew first and switch stance. Make the switcheroo later.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved