Switch Stance Jump Slide
Switch Stance Quick Launch:
A common phenomenon in windsurfing is fusing 2 moves together and creating a new move. The Willie-Skipper comes to mind as well as the Spock. The Fusing of switch stance sailing with a jump jibe results in this move.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Get in the switch stance sailing position, unhooked, and look for some swell or chop.
2) Sheet out and shift your weight to heel side as you jump off some chop slightly upwind.
3) Extend the mast out against the toe side rail and Lean your rear back over the water as the board pops off the wave.
4) Sheet way out and kick your foot above you like a table top.
5) Nose dive the board into the water.
7) The board will scoop underneath you.
8) Stand up.
9) Let the wind pull you vertical.
Practice the Switch-Stance-Cut-Back to learn the mechanics of getting the board around from a switch stance position.
Go into this maneuver clew first.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved