Switch Stance Duck Jibe
Switch Stance Quick Launch:
If you can duck jibe and sail switch stance then performing this maneuver seems like a natural progression. Surprisingly, this is actually a very awkward maneuver and slightly difficult to perform. But once learned your swell riding will never be the same because you can instill a sense of freedom and continuity to your riding much like a bird in flight.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) While sailing in the switch stance position, turn the board downwind or down some swell.
2) Sheet in with the backhand and weight your heels.
3) Now turn the board in the other direction.
4) Let go with the front hand and reach back and grab the end of the boom by crossing your arms.
5) Now reach the other arm to the other side of the sail.
6) Reach the arm forward and pull the clew hand toward your ear so the sail will come back to you.
7) Adjust your hands a little.
8) Sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved