Spocks Quick Launch:
Rider: Mitch Gingrich
1) Unhook and head slightly off the wind. Slide the front hand closer to the boom head.
2) Now jump and release the back hand while kicking the feet around.
3) Now jump and release the back hand while kicking the feet around.
4) Grab both hands to the boom and keep your body leaning into the sail while the board continues to slide and the tail goes downwind. You are getting backwinded
5) As the tail goes further around, extend the arms so the mast is into the wind. You are still leaning way over the nose of the board. This is the most important step and where people get derailed because they not only lean back on their heels and over the tail of the board but also they do not get the sail out into the wind.
6) Now extend the body as the board slides around.
7) Shift your weight back toward the tail of the board and turn your shoulders into the direction you are turning, while pulling with front leg in a swipe motion. You are now pushing with the clew hand to get the other side of the sail exposed to the wind.
8) Pull the sail around and the board pivots on the tail. This will happend very fast.
9) Lean into the switch stance with the sail near your body.
10) Allow the board come around so you are pointing into the direction you came. From here you will need to adjust the feet to the standard position and sail away.
Trim and sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved