1 Handed Spock 540
Spocks Quick Launch:
Watching a windsurfer perform a one handed variation on a power move is a gentle reminder to us all: finesse and grace can walk hand in hand with with commitment and power. Whether we are watching gymnastics or ice-skating, the two are married at the top end of performance and one without the other is like walking with one leg.
Rider: Nathan Mershon
1) Unhook, head slightly downwind.
2) Do the jump like all the moves in this genre.
3) Land of the nose, lean into the sail, do the hand thing.
4) Land and slide backward. This should be just another day on the water for you at this point in your windsurfing development.
5) As the tail comes around, drop the front hand, and turn your head into the turn.
6) Extend the back hand as the board continues to spin.
7) Turn you hips into the move as the spin transfers to the back of the board.
8) A little hand rodeo action (like a cowboy) doesn't hurt to help maintain your balance. Whatever it takes to keep you out of the water.
9) Pull the sail toward you and into the turn.
10) Turn your hips into the switch stance and onto the inside rails.
11) Now is the time to grab the sail
12) You are now back to a standard Spock 540 so finish the move like you have done 1000 times before.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved