1 Handed Spock
Spocks Quick Launch:
The One-Handed-Spock was a natural extension of the Spock because the body position and sail rotation can be facilitated by turning your back to the sail and using your body core as a stabilizer instead of your arms. Then, the arms are used to pull the sail around your body like a Cowboy and Jizz maneuver.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Bear slightly off wind and get into a comfortable sailing position.
2) Unhook and jump the board, letting go of the back hand and leaning back toward the tail of the board.
3) Grab the mast under the boom with your free hand.
4) Land the board so the tail is downwind and lean back over the nose of the board.
5) Slide your boom hand forward on the boom, let go of the mast and lean your back into the sail as the sail backwinds.
6) Pull on the boom so the sail wraps around your body.
7) The sail will rotate as the clew passes thru the eye of the wind.
8) Grab the boom with the open hand.
9) Grab both hands and adjust your grip.
10) Trim and sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved