Clew 1st Spock 540
Spocks Quick Launch:
The blessing of the Clew-First variation of the Spock 540 is you do not have to flip the sail and grab the other side of the boom. In other words, your hands are on the correct side of the boom for the duration of the move. So are your feet for that matter, until the very end, after the move is pretty completed. Some windsurfers believe this move is easier than the standard Spock 540.
Rider: Mitch Gingrich
1) Unhook, flip the sail, and head downwind on an acute beem reach.
2) Perform the standard chop hop for this genre of moves: a quick hop with the body somewhat vertical and a waist swivel so the tail swings around. Your Vulcan was the training for this skill
3) Stick the nose in the water with your feet extended so the board can slide the bottom while pulling the mast through the wind to get backwinded. Lean back into the sail so the board will slide on the nose and not catch the back rails.
4) Keep your weight forward over the nose as you slide backward down wind.
5) Extend your front arm as the tail catches and the board spins.
6) Lean slightly back to counterbalance the sail as the clew passes through the eye of the wind and powers up on the other side. Keep pulling the mast around.
7) Shift your weight over the other rails into the switch stance position. You body will follow your head.
8) Sheet out to depower the momentum so you can stabilize the rig in a switch stance position.
9) Sheet in again.
10) Sheet in again.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved