No Handed Jump
Jumps Quick Launch:
Ok dude! You have done all the jumps, right. You have grabbed everything you can while in the air: the rail, the fin, and even your leopard printed Speedos. You have waived at your friends, the people on the beach, and your killer poodle chained to the bumper of your truck... You have jumped high, really high, and have nosed dived the board from 30 feet. Brother, you are really confident in your jumping. So, President Jumpy, take your jumping to the next level and do the no-hander, or sometimes called the monkey jump.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Look for some chop with a ramp. Make sure your harness lines are properly placed on the booms because when you let go with both hands
2) Jump off the wind by springing off the chop. Imagine all your internal energy going up and down wind. You want to pop off the chop like a wake-boarder.
3) Lean slightly back in you harness lines, point the nose of the board down wind, and let go of both hands at the same time.
4) Extend the arms back and down while keeping your knees bent and underneath your body
5) For maximum impression, touch the hands behind your back.
6) Guide the nose of the board with the front foot. This facilitates a smooth and soft landing.
7) Begin to reach back for the boom.
8) Grab the booms and sheet in.
9) Trim, sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved