Head Lay Back Jump
Jumps Quick Launch:
When I first started windsurfing, jumping was so fun! Thrilling really... I remember 'in-the-day' trying to land without spinning out. I remember the excitement of going high. I was such a kid then... The seasons and years pass by along with my jumping ability. Heck, on any given day I jump dozens of times so why not make every jump something special -- a very difficult charter indeed since a jump is just a jump -- right? I say NOT, less you believe in the rise of the zombie windsurfer. This jump variation was inspired by Chris Wyman, the most exciting sailor on the water -- thanks Chris!
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Your ready to jump just another jump... but wait! You have decided to do a Head-Throw-Back because you are a wild and crazy human being who gave up an office job for a life of sun, water, poverty, and endless fun.
2) Unhook, crouch down like a lion, and pick some chop you want to attack. This was just going to be just another blah blah jump. But now, this is the jump. Like the only jump of day. Your jump!
3) Spring off that little chop with all your energy going up!
4) Now throw the head back.
5) And back so you can see behind you.
6) Pull the knees up to the sail and the heels up under your butt.
7) The whole rig will seem to stall and you are going to feel disoriented for sure.
8) Let it float.
9) Now bring the jump back home.
11) The board will have a tendency to go flat so be sure to get the tail down first.
12) Land, sail away you pitiful show-off.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved