Clew 1st Jump
Jumps Quick Launch:
This jump seems easy but controlling the sail while mid air and landing smoothly requires incredible sailing skills. This move will not stun the spectators on the beach and few will appreciate your sailing mastery but take pride and peace in knowing the heights you have reached in your sailing just to attempt this type of jump.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Switch the sail so you are sailing clew first. You should be heading on a broad reach. You will need some ballistic speed to get in the air so charge hard.
2) Pick some chop and hit a ramp while keeping the sail sheeted out and the clew hand out away from the center line of the board because the center of effort is in a very weird place for jumping.
3) The tendency is to sheet in hard with the clew but resist this urge otherwise the sail will go erratic.
4) Jump off the wind with arms kind of extended.
5) Keep everything pointing downwind.
6) Pull your heals up under you bum and relax.
7) Land with your body relaxed yet purposeful because the fin will be begging to spin out.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved