Aerial Duck Jibe
Jibes Quick Launch:
My first reaction to the Aerial-Duck-Gybe was first, the move looks a little 'dweeby'; Second, the nose of my board is sure to get whacked; and third, you really only do 1/2 the move in the air. Nonetheless, I was inspired to learn this maneuver by watching Brian Talma have so much fun with this odd-duck of a jibe. This gybe was actually one of the hardest gybe variations I have tried and one of the least seen on the water. So get out there and get those ducks a flying.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Unhook and bear off wind.
2) Jump the board out of the water while sheeting in. Extend the front arm.
3) Now let go of the front hand and pull the back hand up toward your face.
4) In mid air, grab the back of the boom with your free hand followed by letting go of the back hand.
5) Land the board while hanging onto the boom with one hand.
6) Grab the other side of the sail.
7) Grab both hands to other side of sail. Adjust, switch feet and sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved