Tail Grab Vulcan
Aerials Quick Launch:
You have mastered the Vulcan and feel pretty good about your sailing; but then you notice all the other freestylist are sticking Vulcans as well. What should you do? Well, throw in a tail grab and you will rule again. Most sailors try as hard as they can just to stick the Vulcan but you are so cool you casually reach down and bone the move by grabbing the tail.
Rider: Royn Bartholdi
1) Look for some chop slightly upwind. Unhook and slide the front hand forward on the boom.
2) While leaning forward, jump off some chop
3) Release the backhand, pull the feet up toward your buttocks, and drop the rear shoulder so you can swing your free hand down to the tail of the board.
4) Grab the tail while staying in a crunched position and leaning forward.
5) Keep the mast arm tensed so the mast stays near your body. Keep knees bent and let the board swing around.
6) Maintain your body weight over the board by leaning slightly forward over the center of the board.
7) Grab the opposite side of the boom with the free hand and let the nose hit the water.
8) Reach back and grab the boom as fast as you can when the board lands or before the board lands.
9) Sheet in very hard to lock in the sail and regain the board to sail connection.
10) Let the board slide to a stall. Switch your stance back to the normal stance, trim, and sail away.
All Contents Copyright ? 2000 - 2012 Royn Bartholdi. All Rights Reserved